Friday 26 April 2013

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

  • I believe it is important to think about what media institution would go with my target audience, and what kind of media institution would distribute my product. Even though the opening sequence has only been filmed, I have to take into consideration that this will eventually be distributed as a film.
  • Thinking about this, I thought about the kind of media institutions that would want to distribute a thriller aimed at teenagers and young adults. There are often thrillers shown on the sky movie channels, however they are often not aimed at specific audiences and cover a larger target age range.
  • This may be of a problem sky movies do have specific channels for specific genres that could go with my thriller theme. However sky is a large conglomerate company that only shows movies of a high cinema standard. My thriller opening sequence is obviously not at a high quality cinema standard therefore it may be best suited to a small independent company. My thriller as a final edited product seems to hold quite a lot of elements of horror in it which means it could also go with the horror genre, and be distributed that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment