Friday 25 January 2013

Prelim dialogue


- The script that I had initially written changed a great amount whilst we were shooting. The language is far too complicated, it isn't what a student would normally use on a daily basis. This little error however has taught me that in order to film something, less is more. The amount of detail that can be focused on different factors such as Camera, Editing, Ambient sound and Miss en scene can make create a lot more for the scenes with little dialogue.

- It is quite awkward to think of dialogue to be exchanged between two characters when a storyline isn't really established. 3-5 lines of dialogue isn't really enough to call a full conversation so using various different shots and camera angles of the conversation made up for what was missing.

- I do think that the thriller trailer task will suit me more as I feel I have have quite a good attention for detail with what elements of the enviroment I want in the shots. It is obvious that in the prelim task, practise of the camera shots was the priority and to get used to using one. Dialogue in the thriller also should be easier to write as a broader storyline can be established and conversations can be made to match this storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment